Veterans’ Transition Forum’s (VTF) goal is to help existing and transitioning veterans find their best career or vocational option. We provide FREE assistance to ANY and ALL veterans. Our core program lies in providing mentoring services in all phases of small business and franchise ownership.
Your donation will help us leverage technology for a nationwide outreach program and to expand our Mentor Program to reach existing vets nationwide and transitioning veterans at 270 military installations. Not one dollar of your contribution will go to salaries or overhead. All contributions will go directly to supporting our veterans! We are grateful for your help – please give today – contributions are needed!
Top of Form
Experience and Credibility
Our management team are veterans with 80 years’ business experience in sales, employment, business start-ups and operations, and marketing. We have established strong, collaborative relationships with subject experts and industry leaders whose extended capabilities, resources, and skills supplement our own. Most importantly, we CARE about the needs of veterans and their families.
Our Veterans Need Our Help!
The selfless service of America’s Military guarantees the freedoms each of us enjoys every day. The sacrifices Veterans and their families make on our behalf are noble and awe inspiring. They demonstrate true individual giving for the common good. Our Veterans often endure such sacrifices long-term, years and decades after the heat of battle has passed.
There is a Veterans Crisis in America Today – please help today
There is a Veterans’ Crisis in America. It will not get better soon. Over the past 4 years over one million veterans have left active military service and over 250,000 will leave in 2015. In addition, tens of thousands will leave the National Guard and Reserve components.
Those who have served in our military continue to suffer physical and psychological challenges, leading many to unemployment and impoverishment. Your donation toward our goal will allow us to take our services to veterans worldwide. All contributions go directly to providing services to our veterans and their families. We seek donations to further our ability to provide additional seminars, webinars, consulting services and additional outreach to veterans, especially those soon to enter transition and those in transition. By working together we can have a positive impact on the future of thousands of veterans and their families.
Casualties of the brutal, current 13-year terrorist war have overwhelmed government support services, requiring critical community support. Over 6,717 Americans have been killed and 50,897 have been wounded in the global war on terror.
- Hundreds of thousands of Veterans are suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PSTD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
- Over one million Veterans are unemployed (22% of Veterans 20 to 24 years old). The suicide rate between these ages is estimated to be between two and four times higher than civilians the same age.
- With 21 states reporting, 22 veterans die by their own hand per day and one active duty member dies per day. That’s 8,030 veterans and 365 active duty suicides annually – for those reported!
- After long absences from home, veterans also face challenges with their families. One in five service members have filed for divorce since 2001. More than 27,000 service members filed for divorce in 2004, a 44% increase from 2001. Besides our veteran’s military service, they are also husband/wives, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, and neighbors and community members. Yet, no attention has been focused on their civic lives.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) estimates 107,000 Veterans are homeless on any night. About 1.5 million other Veterans are considered at risk of homelessness due to poverty, lack of support networks, and dismal living conditions in overcrowded or substandard housing.
202 Church St. NE, Suite 100, Leesburg, VA 20175
Veterans Transition Forum is a registered 501(c)3 non- profit, #45-5138922
Office & Fax 888-729-5557 | Cell 703-403-6288 | firstname.lastname@example.org